Saturday, 28 February 2015

Week 5: The aspect of social media we were learning about this week was designing and presenting information effectively via social media. During our weekly lecture Shane showed many different software's which are useful when designing and presenting information such as Mind Meister, Plotagon, Powtoon, and Prezi. As part off our weekly tutorial we had to present a topic of our choice and present it on Prezi. The topic I chose was 'Skiing' as skiing is my favorite activity. As part of my presentation I displayed tips for beginners and tips on how to do tricks such as ski backwards. I also used videos to give my tips a visual aid. The image below shows the software of Prezi. The 'insert' tap at the top of the screen allow you to add a number of applicants to your presentation such as images, YouTube videos, graphs etc. Also the 'Customize' tab allows you to change the overall background of your presentation. You can also change the order of your slides and add more slides if needed.


The Image below is an example of one of my slides for this presentation. Notice there are only 5 lines on this slide with six or less words in each sentence. This is done as a method to ensure information is understood and portrayed correctly.
 

The image below is another example of slides I used in my presentation. However these slides contained videos to act as a visual aid to enhance the information being discussed.



Overall I found Prezi to be an excellent software to use and I will definitely use it in the future for presentations. I have also introduced it to a family member who as part of their jobs does many presentations and they have also found it a fantastic application for displaying information.



















































No comments:

Post a Comment